Tales from the Smoking Wyrm, a DCC fanzine, returns with our fourth issue of hand-crafted articles, comics, and puzzles for DCC fans of all ages!
Issue #4 contains 8 features, usable by players and judges alike!
- Trolls—We delve deep into Scandinavian lore to explore the troll folklore and myth. Trolls are so diverse a group that we had to build not one, but three classes to fit them all in! Trolls are fae in nature, and make wonderful PCs for any group!
- On Luck—We a start a new regular series with this issue, On Luck! DCC RPG features the wonderful Luck mechanic, and here we delve into ways to hack it, and make it even cooler! This issue we pair this piece with the troll class, and investigate how trolls might use luck differently than other classes.
- Familiars—We hinted at them in issue 3, but they are finally here—two new familiar types, elemental motes and jinn!
- Cullpepper’s Herbal—More herbs for your game! This time, we feature two herbs—Black Alder and Angelica are all waiting for you to delve into! No adventurer should be without these!
- Organizations—The beginning of another series where we explore the concept of organizations in roleplaying in general, and discuss the salient features an organization needs to really be used effectively in any roleplaying game. To top this article off, we explore three different organizations, breathing some depth into two organizations presented in the DCC RPG, and offering up a new one on top of that!
- Ponteverdian Potted Meat—You’re deep underground, without easy access to the surface and the fresh markets above. How do you survive? Ponteverdian Potted Meat covers 6 different preserved products, and how they can help prolong your life in the hardest of places to find nourishment! Come join us for a truly delectable discussion about something every character needs—FOOD!
- Onward Retainer, starring the Legion—The fourth installment of our adventuring comic in an old school style, brought to you by Joel Phillips! The tension mounts in the pages we present in this issue!
- Wyrm Words—A word puzzle of all the Gygaxian words in the fourth issue—this way, a definition is never in doubt! Also included are the answers to the third issue’s Wyrm Words.
The limited edition of the fourth issue is now available at the Goodman Games web store, and PDF and print-on-demand versions are now available at DriveThruRPG.com.